RE: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV 50 Prop

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV 50 Prop
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 22:30:43

Hi Alan=2C
I think the vast majority of GA aircraft have 2 blade props.Mine has 2 blad
es=2C or at least I did until recently. I chose it partly because of the mo
torglider wings for better visibility when feathered. Other advantages are:
 cheaper=2C less weight=2C it is much easier to remove the bottom cowling
=2C it sounds better=2C easier to ship if you need an overhaul.The only sna
g with the Europa is: because it has to be longer it is unsuitable for the
mono=2C and the trigear needs to have the nose raised a bit.It is just as s
mooth as the 3-blade=2C so long as your carbs are properly synchronized.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV 50 Prop
> From: alancarteresq@onetel.net
> Date: Sat=2C 29 Sep 2012 13:48:54 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

t>

> Hi Graham.
> That all sounds logical to me=2C but I am just wondering why some Europa
=2Cs have two blades and others three=2C as it seems three would be the bes
t. However i notice in the hanger at Headcorne  many performance and aeroba
tic aircraft are fitted with a two bladed prop which caused me to think why
.?? The only reason i would think that its more stronger but was wondering
if there were any other benefits ?