RE: Europa-List: fuel flow

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fuel flow
From: Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:26:38
Nigel,

There is a mod 12209 approved by FAA stating that for 912ULS a single
transducer could fit as the variations of the quantity of fuel returned
tank are small (but dependant of the variation of power setting). I
understand that the tuning of factor K should cover it. The same mod
states
that 2 transducers are mandatory for the 914.

Raimo, did you measure the discrepancy at various power setting?

Max  Cointe

F-PMLH Europa_TriGear

Kit #560 912ULS Airmaster 450 hours

 <mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mcointe@free.fr

De : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] De la part de
nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk
Envoy=E9 : mardi 25 septembre 2012 09:08
=C0 : europa-list@matronics.com
Objet : Re: Europa-List: fuel flow

Hi Raimo,

This is a nice looking bit of kit. Curiosity took me to the FDS website
for
more info and having downloaded the manual, I notice that they specify a
second FT-60 "red cube" flow transducer should be used in the fuel
return
line when used with a Rotax 912x installation. How did you get away with
using only one and still maintain accuracy?

Nigel