Europa-List: Re: 914 - rough running, and RPM drop when testing the A

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 - rough running, and RPM drop when testing the A
From: kees de bussy <keesdebussy@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 03:44:06

For what it is worth. I experienced 2 times a similar problem with my Rotax
912s.
About 4 years ago for the first time and it was figured out that 1 of the wires
of 1 of the ignition boxes was broken close to the connector. The wire was
soldered which solved the problem.
A few weeks ago it happened again. So I checked the wires but with no result.
Furthermore
I checked the spark plug leads, spark plug connectors, pull off force,
etc. replaced all the spark plugs but no results.
Eventually the problem was located by a local Rotax dealer who discovered a
faulty
ignition coil. The error in the ignition coil could not be detected by
measurement
but only by swapping parts. Hence it was a real pain to find out.
Good luck.

Kees de Bussy
PH-SBR

Read this topic online here: