Re: Europa-List: Texel was great

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Texel was great
From: John Heykoop <john.heykoop@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:13:04
A great rally. I will certainly be back next year.
John
Europa XS mono G-JHKP

On 14 Sep 2012, at 17:13, PHILLIPS I <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I second that, It was a excellent well run rally with great company,
> Looking forward to next year,
> Ivor
>
> On 14 September 2012 16:50, goff <goffmoore@aviators.net> wrote:
>
> Texel Fly in last weekend
> I have a compelling need to put finger to keyboard to write in praise of t
he 4th Dutch Light Aircraft Fly-in at Texel in Holland last weekend.
> I flew in our Europa G-CHOX from White Waltham in the UK to Texel via Midd
en-Zeeland for fuel and comfort.
> The three days were blessed with fine weather, unlike the previous year wh
en low cloud kept me grounded in the UK.
> The event was planned, organised and run hands-on by Tim Weert and his tea
m of helpers. Congratulations to Tim for being the driving force for this ev
er-improving event. My guess is that over 100 aircraft flew in, of which ove
r 13 were Europas from the UK, Holland, Germany and Finland.
> It was great to meet Europa pilots that I knew like Alasdair Milne (G-CEYK
), pilots that I was acquainted with like Bob Harrison (G-PTAG) and Ivor Phi
lips (G-IVER) and make new friends like Roger Llloyd (G-BWIJ), Raimo Toivio (
OH-XRT) and Marcel Zwakie from Hoogeveen. And many more as well, to whom I a
pologise for not mentioning.
> The event boasted a pilots=99 tent with draught beer, wine, soft dri
nks and hot drinks available all day and evening at any price you cared to d
onate. The organised dinner and barbeque in the airport hotel restaurant wer
e great. And the local amenities were wonderful with bicycle rides around th
e island (you could hire a bike for =82=AC10 for 3 days), walks over the d
unes, swimming for the hardy, and nice caf=C3=A9s and restaurants.
> And the weather was wonderful. Did I mention that? Great for hanging out a
t the airfield watching the arrivals and departures and the spectacular para
 dropping which went on all day.
> My flight was in total 313nm each way with over two thirds of that being o
ver water, Dover to Koksijde and then up the Belgian and Dutch coast at low l
evel to stay under the Schiphol TMA. Magic.

=========
=========
=========
=========