Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:19:38

Hi Ivor,

> A couple of months ago I noticed fuel staining from my float bowls, so
> decided to replace the gaskets with the nitrile type,
>
>  My experience were they are next to useless,

Great. I just ordered 4 of them.
Has anyone else tried these gaskets as well? I know some of us ordered
them, but has anyone actually tried to use them?

If they are indeed too soft, maybe we should apply less torque? The
recommended torque is obviously determined for best seal with the
original gaskets. I think I will just apply enough torque to get it
correct by feel and look (and still use a torque spanner to make sure I
at least don't overtorque.)

> 40C takeoff  from Croatia last week

Hey, we have been to Croatia recently as well. Which field(s) did you
do? We've done Brac, Trogir (Split) as a diversion because Brac was
closed, Unije, Pula (for customs only). We certainly want to go back to
Brac and Unije. We found Landshut in Germany a very friendly EU-entry
airport... with an excellent Croatian restaurant. :-)

Frans