Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing mishap - asking for advise

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Landing mishap - asking for advise
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:39:45

Marcel, Somewhere in that article I said that the
calculations suggest that the high twist prop gave me the
equivalent of  7.5 horse power, if I remember rightly, (as
computed from CAFE calculations). Now the 914 is already
providing lots of horsepower whereas the 912 I would have
thought needs all the help it can get! It did in fact
produce modest improvements in climb rate and fuel flow as
well as the 4 kt increase in top speed, all showing that
the high twist blade is more efficient,, and the take off
distance was notas you say 'increased' but 'Not
perceptibly changed'. So it is fair enough to say that it
is too much hassle to change propeller type, but not to
say that it would not be any improvement. Regards, David