Europa-List: rotax integrated alternator warning light

Subject: Europa-List: rotax integrated alternator warning light
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:23:43

I've been trying to find out the purpose of the alternator warning light in the
Rotax engine circuit diagram. Originally I had assumed it would light up if the
alternator died and stopped producing useful output. Then I thought - where,
in that circumstance, would the warning light get its power from?

I can't find any description of its function in the Rotax engine manuals. Does
anyone know what it's for and when one should expect it to light up?

in friendship

Rowland