Europa-List: Re: Jacking up the mono

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Jacking up the mono
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:25:07

I always carry a "jacking piece" welded for me, which can be bolted to the front
of the undercarriage swinging arm, after removing the lower two of the existing
four bolts whose heads are in a cluster. For stability I always use a trolley
jack in preference to a bottle jack. Remember to put the bolts back afterwards.

On two occasions I have used a stout piece of timber with length equal to the
width
of the fuselage and padding placed between it and the fuselage bottom. This
timber is placed as close as possible to the rear of the main wheel and at
the rear end of the wheel bay. Again, I use a trolley jack and there have never
been any crackling sounds while the fuselage is being lifted.

Read this topic online here: