Europa-List: corrosion protection

Subject: Europa-List: corrosion protection
From: fireflier <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 03:49:43

What are the best options of providing corrosion protection to the steel parts
CS05 and CS10?

The parts I have in my kit don't have the gold zinc finish that they come with
now, mine are black in appearance and I would say need some form of protection.
My thoughts are to use hammerite paint, but would like to ask your opinions
and what you used to protect these parts during the build process?

Can I also ask if any of you provided corrosion protection to parts CS01,CS02,
CS03, CS07 and CS08?  I know these parts are aluminum and therefore shouldn't
need to be protected.

I look forward to hearing your comments

Many thanks
Donald