Re: Europa-List: Re: ipad mount

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: ipad mount
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 14:19:13

Barry,

you are right - everything in my plane is up-side
down. Obviously that is why I get headache when
flying. Thanks for info!

Seriously:

- (My) Dynon is quite slow to react and this new
Gemini ADI is VERY sensitive (would like to adjust
it to be slower)
- in this situation plane was descending a bit
like planes VSI is showing
- my turn indicator is shit (brand name is Falcon)
and it is rocking like an idiot, I have ordered a
new one

This is a statement of my American friend for your
happiness:

Cheer, Raimo

Hello Barry! Kim Prout here....Raimo and I are
having fun here in Finland and are hoping to see
more Europas at the fly-in.
Anyway, I would agree that the differences in the
instrument readings are disconcerting and
confusing. It was no problem, however to fly
in VFR conditions knowing that the Gemini was
accurate. I would recommend to builders that the
mounting holes for turn coordinator, attitude
indicator,
and heading indicator be slotted to allow for
adjustment of level relative to airplane as the
panel cannot be relied on to be level based on its
fit to the fusalage
and firewall. In N111EU I really do not power up
the turn coordinator or attitude indicator (no
heading indicator installed) unless flying in
marginal conditions. The slip/skid ball works no
matter
what so no issue there. I always thought it
unecessary to power up the gyros with master
switch just wearing them out without really
needing them for the typical
VFR flights. They just seem to be a distraction
when I should have my head up anyway.
I prefer a separate switch for gyro power...only
need to remember to turn them on when anticipating
night, marginal or IFR conditions.
OH-XRT is nicely equipped with two important
features: fuel flow totalizer with GPS interface
and wing leveler/GPS tracking. I do not have a
wing leveler in my Europa
but I rely on my totalizer for cross country trips
(and I still have a rugged sight gauge at footwell
for verification).
Raimo's ipad mount is nice with the suction cup
mount and brings the display close to his body...
sandwiched a little tight but you can find
numerous other locations. I know other
Europa flyers who use the ipad and are replacing
some of their instruments with that...need a
reliable power source though.
Let me know about your flying experiences in your
Europa please, photos appreciated too.
OK...nice to be here and good to chat with you!
kim