Re: Europa-List: Air box question classic installation.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Air box question classic installation.
From: Frank Mycroft <frankm@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:03:08

On my classic the airbox has two knobs on the bottom that rest on the engine
mounts.  Blobs of silicone sealant have been put on the engine mounts to
make a soft seat for the knobs.  I have a warm air device which is two flaps
at right angles to each other which alternatively close off the NACA duct or
close off a hole of similar size in the front of the moulding on the cowling
that seals off the airbox.  The default position is cold air and to get warm
air you rotate the two flaps against a spring with a car choke cable to
allow warm air off the top of the engine to enter the moulding above the
airbox and simultaneously close off the NACA duct.  Works beautifully.

Frank