Re: Europa-List: Checking out in the mono/conventional gear Europa, Inst

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Checking out in the mono/conventional gear Europa, Instructors
From: Ken Carpenter <kbcarpenter@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:16:52
Interesting problem.  I am interested in selling my Europa but would like to
 have it updated by you first.  Actually, I was hoping someone would buy it a
nd get the work done.  It needs new bungee and some of gas line replacement.
  Then there are the tail plane mods that I have not done.  Then I was think
ing the buyer might want to convert it to a tri gear.   Maybe I should just c
hop it up for parts.  Any ideas about these issues?
Ken carpenter

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 16, 2012, at 5:54 PM, "Bud Yerly" <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:

> Guys,
> We haven't breached the subject of instructors for Bi annual or initial ch
eckouts in the Europa for some time and it would be great to have a list upd
ated annually somewhere.  So I'll do it for here in the States.
> I have a list, but my instructors are getting far and few between, as they
 are getting older and letting their ratings drop do to health and liability
 concerns...

> Background:
> Insurance companies are getting tougher on all tail draggers, especially t
he mono wheel.

> Richard Kundel informed me his insurance company requires 10 hours of dual
 in make and model (conventional gear) before solo and  5 hours additional s
olo before taking passengers and he has a tail wheel endorsement.  Another c
lient of mine is in need of a CFI Glider instructor for his bi annual and it
 must be in the Europa.

> Because I own a trigear and have a little more flight experience, my insur
ance company doesn't care what I get my bi annual in.  This is not the case f
or all and it is particularly painful for those selling their Europa and try
ing to find someone to check out the new owner for insurance purposes.  But I
 lost my local CFI who I checked out in my plane, and I was really letting i
t hang out as the plane could not be used for checkouts for a fee.  Very pai
nful now.

> Jerry Hope out of Greenville TN is the only CFI owner I know at the moment
 who is current.  He is also checked out in my aircraft.

> Any others?
> Name, Location, Type CFI, (CFIG, CFII etc.), Does he have or own and will h
e use his personal Europa to train in.

=========
=========
=========