Re: Europa-List: Re: Viking Aircraft engine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Viking Aircraft engine
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:44:27
Hi Paul=0AI agree with everything you say, I would add that even now the Ja
b is still not a viable alternative (imho) I onlyknow of one successful Jab
 6 owner and he isn't completely satisfied.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A______________
__________________=0A From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>=0A
ject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Viking Aircraft engine=0A =0A=0AGuys, =0A=0AI'll
 toss my 2 cents worth into the ring on alternative engines.- Fristly I w
ould like to preface my comments with the statement that if we didn't try n
ew things then we would be still flying with stuff powered from designs tha
t trace there roots back 50 years.- Come to think of it, if we didn't try
 new stuff then we wouldn't be even flying Europa's.=0A=0AInstalling altern
ative power plants is not for the faint of heart, even proven designs. I re
cently completed some cooling modifications to my 914 and it was a lot of t
esting, work, re work and more testing.- My modifications are trivial com
pared to something like a Viking.- Even conventional conversions such as
the Jabaru have taken a lot of collective effort to get them to the point o
f being a viable alternative.=0A=0AI don't want to discourage anyone from t
rying alternatives, but please be aware that once you move away from- the
 original design that you moving down a path that will consume considerable