Re: Europa-List: Thomas Scherer's flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Thomas Scherer's flight
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:13:23
Thomas does keep his speed down, fuel flow is kept very low; that's why it
took him 21 hours (wasn't it) to cross the pacific.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A______
__________________________=0A From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Monday, 16 January 2012, 21:27=0A
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Thomas Scherer's flight=0A =0A--> Europa-List mes
sage posted by: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>=0A=0AOn 01/16/2012 0
8:09 PM, Karl Heindl wrote:=0A> Is anyone following his flight from Corsica
 to Cameroon or wherever ?=0A=0AYep, I'm following it.=0A=0A> He has been u
p for almost 9 hours=0A=0ADid you notice his airspeed? It appears to be in
the 60's most of the=0Atime. Either the logger is lying, or he has a terrib
le head wind, or he=0Ais aggressively flying in fuel saving mode, or a comb
ination of the=0Aabove. I'm too busy to do the math.=0A=0AAnyway, he has a
lot of fuel on board.=0A=0A> That guy is just amazing.=0A=0AIndeed...=0A=0A