Europa-List: Maintain temp on cold weather (on 912)

Subject: Europa-List: Maintain temp on cold weather (on 912)
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:27:06
Max,

For the coolant cooler, I have fitted a shutter (controlled during flight
---From inside the cockpit) purchased from Vans Aircraft. See attached photo,
where you will note that approx. 1/3 of the cooler front area is not covered
by the shutter.  This is to allow free air flow into the warm air collector
behind the cooler, for heating the cockpit (in warm weather, this collector
is open at the back).

You will also note that the oil cooler is completely covered by aluminum
plates in this winter photo.  They are no longer used, as I have since
fitted a Rotax recommended oil thermostat.

This arrangement works very well for me (912 ULS), down to outside air temp
of about - 5 degr C (I don't fly in colder weather!).

Purchasing details - Vans Aircraft, Oregon, USA (as of 2007):
Cooler Shutter - Part Number = EA OIL COOLER VENT Price = $85.00
Bowden Cable Wire End - Part Number = HW WIRE NUT KIT Price = $6.10
72" long Push Pull Cable BLACK - Part Number = CT A-740 BLACK Price = $25.00

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ