RE: Europa-List: Coolant leak

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Coolant leak
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:05:57

Hi,

Ditto, we had leakeage for years with the worm drive clamps.  As the
inner metal fitting heats first (and expands) it crushes the hose
against the clamp, which does not heat as quickly.  As it cools, the
crushed hose now has space for coolant to leak from.  Later on, you
notice the loose clamp and tighten it a little.  The next time you run
the engine, the process repeats itself.  We finally switched to spring
clamps and have not had the problem since.

Terry Seaver