Re: Europa-List: spinner cracks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: spinner cracks
From: klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 11:46:48

Hi Richard,
The same thing happened to my spinner. I had it welded, which only got me about
25 hours before it cracked again.
Martin at Airmaster told me the spinner design has changed slightly since my
early
model. They moved the mounting holes a bit farther from the edge because of
some cracking problems.
I bought a new spinner and backplate about 40hours ago and all is well. Talk to
Martin and see if they won't supply a new spinner and backplate at a bit of a
deal because I assume you also have the original early spinner design.
I have been very pleased with the prop and the service from Airmaster.
Kevin
N211KA, 380 hours

On Dec 4, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:

> On the spinner for my Airmaster prop, I have noticed a couple of small cracks
running from the fixing holes to the edge. Can anyone tell me is the spinner
just aluminium or duralumin and is it possible to weld these cracks up or is it
a new spinner?