Re: Europa-List: Setting angle of incidence for bonding spar alignment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Setting angle of incidence for bonding spar alignment
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 06:51:08

Andrew,

I shared your dilemma when at the same stage.
A couple of pertinent points that may assist ......

1 When the cockpit module is installed, the seat back is reclined at 2.5 degrees
to the horizontal axis of the aircraft hence the need to set up the spars
parallel
to the seat back..

2 You will find that the bushes you have to fit are quite a sloppy fit on the
main
wing pins which allows for considerable tolerance.

3 I'm fairly sure the 2.5 +/- 0.05 degrees reference is in relation to each wing
rather than the incidence setting overall.

If you go ahead as per the manual taking as much care as you can, you can expect
things to turn out like you hope.

All the best

Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone