Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:08:13
That's a shame Tony,=0Aseems to me it's the sensible thing to do with a Jab
.  Or a Lycoming if it comes =0Ato that! {{;-<=0ASomeones cage needs to be
rattled (imho)=0Aregards=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A______________________________
__=0AFrom: ANTHONY HIGGINS <anthonyhiggins596@btinternet.com>=0ATo: "europa
-list@matronics.com" <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ASent: Friday, 28 October
, 2011 11:52:48=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for t
he Jabiru 3300=0A=0A=0AHi,=0A =0ABest to check this with LAA. I have checke
d and it seems to be a dead end. Some =0Athing to do with Jabiru not allowi
ng the engine to be seen as a new type in the =0AUK.=0A =0ARegards Tony Hig
gins,=0AEuropa Mono G-CHAH Airmaster Prop=0A=0AFrom: Carl Meek <carlmeek@gm
ail.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Friday, 28 October 2011, 8
:38=0ASubject: Europa-List: Rotec Liquid Cooled Heads for the Jabiru 3300
=0A=0A=0AHi,=0A=0AThis is my first post, I hope it works!  I'm posting this
 to the Europa list =0Arather than the Jabiru engine list because the Jab 3
300 getting too hot seems to =0Abe a specific Europa problem, even listed o
n the LAA's approval document as an =0Aissue!=0A=0AAnyway, I have been look
ing at the ROTEC LCH (Liquid Cooled Heads) and I think =0Athis is a really
interesting idea, bringing a key feature across from the Rotax =0Aengines.
 They claim that in an hour of ground running at WOT the heads only hit =0A
200 degrees!=0A=0AHere's the link:=0Ahttp://www.rotecaerosport.com/product-
info/lch/=0A=0AI'm posting on here not to spark a "Jabiru vs Rotax" debate,
 we all know how =0Athat debate goes, I'm simply looking for people's thoug
hts on this idea. =0A Technical and otherwise.=0A=0AMy other particular lin
e of enquiry is how likely this is to get Prototype =0AModification Approva
l with the LAA, how onerous this will be, how much down time =0Athe aircraf
t is likely to have as a result.=0A=0ARegards,=0A-Carl.=0A  el=nofollow t
arget=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List =0Aet=_blan
k>http://forums.matronics.com llow =0Atarget=_blank>http://www.matronics.