Re: Europa-List: Coax Advice for VHF antenna.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coax Advice for VHF antenna.
From: danny shepherd <danny@mcwalterscafe.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:08:10

Tony,
          I fitted the Europa kit into the tail fin as per the "good
book" and find it works perfectly.  Like you I'm pretty bad at soldering
but it wasn't too hard.

Danny G-ceri tri gear xs. funkwerk atr 833.

On 21/10/2011 01:23, Tony Renshaw wrote:
> -->  Europa-List message posted by: Tony Renshaw<tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
>
> Gidday,
> Ive got a bit of a hybrid, a classic with a few bits of XS thrown in. For
> example
I've got a sternpost, premanufactured that I was kindly given, and I am now
wondering if this is the structure I should be attaching my vertical VHF antenna
to the front of. Now I've got the Europa kit, with torrodes or whatever
they are called, and a bunch of COAX. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion
on the merits of building up this antenna or whether I should just bin it and
use the Z shaped Bob Archer VHF antenna that I also have, and put it on the side
of the fuselage? I don't figure it would hurt to give it a try, but am unsure
if the Europa one is worth building, and if so, knowing nothing about COAX
fittings attachment and being a lousy solderer, does anyone have any specific
guidance. Thank you in anticipation.