Re: Europa-List: Re: Naca vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Naca vents
From: roddyeuropa@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 10:48:47
Mine too broke first time used them. Here is the repair which I did - now b
een working for 8 years without problems.

1) take a cs machine screw - like the longer ones used to attach the cowlin
g.
2) countersink one of the large penny washers and attach the screw so you n
ow have a machine screw with a large flat head. I think I welded and ground
 mine; araldite 420 might do it.
3) get rid of the plastic screw bit and grind/sand where it attaches to the
 vent flat
4) screw the machine screw into the black knob on the vent casing. It will
cut its own thread
5) Put some araldite 420 on the washer/screw head and turn the knob until i
ts is hard against the vent. Let it set and all done.

Roddy
G-IKRK