=?us-ascii?Q?RE:_Europa-List:_Rotax_914_Mothballed...what_service=3F=3F=

Subject: =?us-ascii?Q?RE:_Europa-List:_Rotax_914_Mothballed...what_service=3F=3F=3F?
From: JR Gowing <jrgowing@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:24:04

Tony
Did you read your manual?
Why not ask the agent in Melbourne?
JR

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tony Renshaw
Sent: Monday, 15 August 2011 5:18 PM
Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 914 Mothballed...what service???

--> <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>

My engine, a 914 is a 2004 model, and still sits in its new box. I bought it
a couple of years ago and am wondering about what advice people would
recommend in relation to maintaining its integrity, and maybe modding it at
the same time. I wish to get it serviced by my local Rotax dealer, to
inspect and protect it. A work colleague who is an ex car mechanic mentioned
the crankshaft bearing housings can absorb moisture and corrosion can
therefore occur. Not sure if this sort of concern is applicable to my
engine, but in essence that is like an engine rebuild. What should I
consider doing?
Lastly, if it did need the block being split, is there a metal coating I
could have applied, even paint, that would stop that "corroded look" some
engines develop as they get older??'
Thanks
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie.