Europa-List: Re: Emailing: 51b7gmpPjhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Emailing: 51b7gmpPjhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Martin Olliver <martflynut@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 01:25:30

[quote="kheindl@msn.com"]It pumps up from the wing. We use it for fuel but it
is really meant just for water.I have repaired mine several times and now it
has a pinhole in the hose. Construction quality is very poor, but it's useful
when it works. Typical Chinese junk.
I currently use two 20 l fuel cans but fill them just over halfway to make them
easy to lift and hold.
The suggestion of pressurizing a sealed fuel can is best, using a mini
rechargeable
or powered from the car cigarette lighter compressor.
Karl

I agree with you Karl. I had another system pressurizing a jerry can using a
double
chamber foot pump metal valve in the cap and tube to bottom of jerry can.
This worked a treat even for a high wing aircraft (Luscombe).
Another system that works well for low wing aircraft if you have storage, is to
fabricate a stand with a large 3 point base. Make sure the platform at the top
is higer than the fuel filler hole. Convert a jerry can cap to take a spiggot
with fuel hose attached with a fuel tap at the end (to shut down fuel flow in
a hurry to stop over filling). Making sure structure is earthed. Then just let
gravety do the work. Simple, no moving parts and cheep!
Martin.

>  Subject: Europa-List: Re: Emailing: 51b7gmpPjhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
>  From: martflynut@aol.com
>  Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:48:31 -0700
>  To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

>  I think it only pumps to create a siphon. I have read the manufactures blurb
but have not seen one in the flesh. Could someone confirm this?
>  Rgds to all
>  Martin.
>

>  Read this topic online here:
>
>  http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=349857#349857