Re: Europa-List: Fuel out the vent tubes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel out the vent tubes
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 21:34:25

        Hi EG

        I have a BMW R100GS that has two type 64 Bing Carbs. It has happened to
me several times after sitting for a long period (even if I run out of
fuel before storage), carb snot forms and glues the floats to the bottom
position. Be sure to clean the enrichment circuit jets in the float bowl
along with the rest of the carb or you will not be able to get the motor
running unless you hand choke it of course.

        Ron Parigoris

<egp8111@aol.com>

        > I&#39;m returning my 912ul monowheel the flight status after not
being flown

        > in several years. The problem I have is that when I turn on the
electric

        > fuel pump ,gas runs out of the vent tubes on the carbs. It&#39;s
never done

        > that before. Obviously I have some stuck needle valves, just seems
odd

        > that both carbs are doing the same thing. Anyone have in suggestion
on