Re: Europa-List: FlowScan Problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FlowScan Problems
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:10:15

> On 08/06/2011 11:59 AM, John Greenhalgh wrote:
>
>> I have checked the ground and thats OK and then I checked the voltage
>> of the power source at the connector to the sensor between the red and
>> black wires and this was 10.6 volts which is a surprise
>>

> If I recall correctly this sensor needs 5 Volts. If that is the case it
> is not surprising that it drags the supply down to 10.6Volts. You might
> have damaged the flowscan, but check to be sure what the required
> voltage is, I hope for you that my memory is wrong.
>
> Frans

At
http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/aviation.php
Floscan says:
*
Electrical Specifications:*
12 to 15 VDC between RED (+) wire and BLACK (-) wire.  30 to 50 mA at 12
VDC.

*Signal Specifications:*
Open collector transistor output on WHITE wire.  Sensor will pull-down
to 1.0 volt with 10-15K ohm pull-up resistor installed.

Jan de Jong