Re: Europa-List: Rough River Report # 4

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough River Report # 4
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:45:10
Jeff,

Unfortunately, we will be driving again this year.  The conversion to tri-gear
left the aircraft CG @ 0.75 inch behind the forward limit and almost 40 lbs.
heavier.
The Little Dragon Lady will have to go on a serious weight reduction
program.  I'll be selling the Garmin stack (35 lbs.) and taking out all the big,
heavy, instruments (9 lbs) and removing the old technology strobe system &
power supply (3 lbs).  Replacing with MicroAir Comm & Xponder (3 lbs.), GRT
Sport
EFIS (2 lbs.), AeroLED Pulsar wing-tip lights (.25 lbs.) & 2 1/4" standby
airspeed, altimeter & vertical speed (2 lbs).  Should get back almost 45 lbs.
in useful load and move the CG back about 1 1/4".  But it won't be complete till
I sell the Garmin stuff so I can purchase the new stuff.

Fortunately, we will be driving again this year so there will be a couple cases
of sudsy adult beverages coming along with us.  I'll also bring the fuel cans
so folks can make go-juice runs.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Aug 2, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Jeffrey Roberts wrote:

> Were only a month away... Hello all Europa owners it's time to make a plan!!
>

> Rough River Attendance Report for September 3rd & 4th.
> :  http://www.airnav.com/airport/2I3
>

> Bob & Maureen Borger... Flying Dragon Lady N914XL in from Corinth TX
> Jim & Lynne Puglise... Doing his best to fly N283JL Jabiru up from Punta Gorda
FL.
> Jeff & Mary Behrens... Flying Baby Blue in from Baton Rough LA
> Jeff & Karen Roberts... Flying Gold Rush in from Nashville Tennessee.
> Gary & Susan Leinberger... Flying in the Mooney 3619N from Lancaster PA.
> Fred Klein... Flying the Big Iron, for now from Orcas Island Washington ST.
> Troy & Donna Maynor... Flying Little Grace N120EU in from Weaverville NC.
> Paul & Jenny McAllister... Flying in Mono N378PJ AKA Blinky from KUES
> Wisconsin.
> Jim & Heather Butcher... Flying N241BW from Kalamazoo, MI.
> Bud Yearly ... Flying his Trigear up from Plant City FL. With a different
> prop...?
> Peter & Christine Timm... Flying C-GIET flying rom Pemberton, BC. Nice trip!
> Dan Seitz... Flying N248A from Kissimmee FL.
>
> More coming later. Anyone not on this list please email me your info or
> corrections
direct and we'll get it up graded.