RE: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:17:19

Kees=2C
You are a very wise man. Forget about automatic pitch control below 1000 fe
et. I have been doing the same after my own and Jos's experience. I will ne
ver trust an electric prop again. But I wanted variable pitch and featherin
g for gliding mode. But the original question from Paul was about support
=2C not whether the make was any good. That seems to have improved=2C at le
ast in Europe=2C but the problem I pointed out is still there: There is onl
y one person to talk to. If he is not there and he goes on frequent sales t
rips and there are long holidays=2C not to mention sick leave=2C then your
support is one big zero.And I still say that the pitch motor is not up to t
he job after two failures. An electric motor should never fail.They are off
-the-shelf items from another company and were designed to power electric t
ools for Bosch and Dremel etc.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service
> From: keesdebussy@hotmail.com
> Date: Mon=2C 27 Jun 2011 13:42:52 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

om>

> Hi all=2C
>
> I haven flown my Europa with the Woodcomp SR 3000 (with reverse option wh
ich is not wired) in many conditions=2C several times in heavy rain too. Up
 to now I have not met any problems (prop has approx 220 hrs.) To avoid pro
blems as much as possible I always switch to manual before take-off and lan
ding. This way never a signal will be given to change the pitch in the most
 critical phases of flight. I feel this way it makes it safer to operate th
is kind of prop (not only Woodcomp). Back on topic=2C I only had it checked
 once by a local dealer because of some play of the blades.