Re: Europa-List: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 18:13:03
Hi Ferg=0Athere have been collapses when the lock flicked up but the main p
roblem is the =0Aover centre situation. If there is too much O/C, when the
gear hangs down it =0Apulls it off the O/C and momentum of the links can ta
ke it under centre. Then =0Aall the load is transferred to the lever which
then bends and lets go.=0ASetting up is therefore critical, the lever must
not be allowed to move forward =0Awhen in the locked position to prevent th
e links moving away from the over =0Acentre position.=0AI think maybe I nee
d to enhance my previous remarks a little. Just a bit too =0Acryptic as usu
al!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Fergus
Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>=0ATo: 5EUROPALIST  <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ASent:
 Saturday, 11 June, 2011 16:41:27=0ASubject: Europa-List: Landing gear Fail
ure, ATTN Graham Sing...=0A=0ALanding gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing... =0A
Graham,=0AThanks for your latest in that $%^&*lever and its connections.=0A
I remember seeing a=98triangle=99plate which slide downabaftthe
lever to serve as =0Aa=9Cparking=9Dbrake. After this sad event
subject, it occurred to me that a similar =0Aplate could be slid behind the
 lever before landing so as to keep it from =0Abobbing up when encountering
 bumpy surfaces.=0A        Do you think it might serve to lock the leveror
is the linkage mechanism =0Asuch that it will simply bend the lever and per
mit inadvertentretraction?=93I =0Ahaven=99t studied the subject
, obviously, and am sloughingoff the work out of pure =0Alaziness..........