Re: Europa-List: Flap cross tube problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap cross tube problem
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 15:29:57
Greg,

I agree with Frans reply.

FWIW, my cross tube is 44 3/4 inches across with the bearings in place and works
just fine.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Jun 3, 2011, at 7:04, Greg Fuchs wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The flap cross tube appears to be about 2 inches too short, on my aircraft! I
was hoping there would be some end pieces placed onto FL15 to lengthen it, but
unfortunately, the GE12 bearing and the bearing holder do not increase the
length.
There does not appear to be any way it will be long enough to firmly grab
the pins on both flaps, though it might just be able to span the gap to barely
reach the in-board ends of the pins. The length of my flap cross tube (FL15)
is 44 and one half inches from end to end. Can someone tell me what theirs
measures? Anyone have this problem?