Re: Europa-List: Prop Balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Prop Balance
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:02:21

Jeff
I had mine balanced and the weight was attached to the back plate, seemed
routine
to me. I can take a photo for you if you like. My spinner is aluminum, seems
I heard they where preferred for some reason? Might check that out as well.
Jerry
Mono 914

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:23 PM, Jeffrey Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net> wrote:

> HI All,
> I'm going back to my original warp drive 3 blade prop in hopes of it being
> smother
running. As well I need to go back to the original fiberglass spinner and
backplate. I have a fellow willing to fly here to do a harmonic balance of the
prop but has shown concern of attaching the needed weights to the fiberglass
back plat / spinner. Just curious to what others have done and how they have
attached any weights needed.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jeff R.
>
> N128LJ Gold Rush
>

> P.S. Lets not forget the Rough River fly-in this years is on Labor Day
> weekend.
It could be time to get fired up again.