Europa-List: Engine hoods

Subject: Europa-List: Engine hoods
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:40:51
On Apr 19, 2011, at 2:13 AM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Gidday,
> I am wondering if there is any consensus to a way to open up the lid
> of the cowl, exposing the engine easily for our birds? To be honest,
> I am sure a car style bonnet would be the most ideal, and I am
> wondering if anyone has attempted it??

Alex Bowman's XS mono has a proper "bonnet"...I believe it is secured
w/ 3 southco fasteners on each side...2 fwd & 1 at aft corner.

What I like about it is that in addition to being able to have a good
look at everything, you don't have to worry about placing the top cowl
on the tarmac or seeing it blown away in the wind when removed. Note
the 2 streamlined surface pivots. I'm thinking about doing something
similar but w/ concealed hinges...just thinking.

Fred