Re: Europa-List: Re: Jabiru vs. Rotax

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Jabiru vs. Rotax
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:08:26
Hey Graham,
Why 6 EGTs and CHTs??
(Hope this finds you and Joan well.)
Reg
Tony Renshaw

On 18/04/2011, at 5:17 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
 wrote:

> Rick
> there's a lot of good experience out there for you to benefit from. (I don
't have much)
> I recommend a good engine monitor with 6 EGTs and 6 CHTs, Mixture distribu
tion is tricky and important.
> Graham

ike comparing Apples and Oranges.  Both taste good.

> The Jabiru will use a little over one gallon more per hour so it will cost
 me $5.00 more an hour to operate.  If I get to fly 100 hour this coming yea
r it will cost me $500.00 dollars this year over your cost for fuel.  I can s
till divide that into the initial cost firewall forward.

> I looked on the web pages today and Rotax 912ULS is 21K plus the cost of f
irewall forward vs. 18K for everything on the Jabiru.

> Rick Stockton
>

> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=337229#337======
==================http://www.matronics.c