Re: Europa-List: Re: place for venturi -in air duct?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: place for venturi -in air duct?
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:46:42
Hi Graeme,=0Afirst as someone said the venturi might not work too well insi
de a duct, I would =0Awant to redesign it as a letter box venturi perhaps?
However I suspect that the =0Ainefficient air motors driving the two gyros
may well need a good half =0Ahorsepower to give enough suction.(correction,
 pressure, there's no such thing =0Aas suction is there?) A good venturi wo
uld be more efficient than a vacuum pump, =0Anevertheless, a solid state sy
stem would be inherently more reliable and less =0Aenergy wasteful.=0AAgree
 about all the stuck on ducts, this is why people like Frans Veldman et al
=0Aworked so hard to optimize their cooling, I'm sure with gratifying resul
ts.=0ANot worth the effort to reinvent a well designed wheel, ( the factory
 cooling =0Asystem was OK but could have done better !:-)=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A
=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk
.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Tuesday, 12 April, 2011 18:
11:39=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: place for venturi -in air duct?=0A=0A-->
Europa-List message posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>=0A=0AGrah
am, I do value your comments but I would like to understand this, there are
 =0Aalready two, three inch holes and a vast letter box with radiators in p
lus the =0Amono wheel, 8 flap hinges hanging down into the air flow. The am
ount of energy =0Athe ventrui needs to extract to spin the gyro is tiny. Is
 it because the air is =0Arotating around the fuselage and thus the drag th
e venturi causes is due to a =0Alarger area?=0A=0AThe icing aspect is inter
esting - wouldnt really want that to ice first in =0Acloud.=0A=0A--------
=0AGraeme Bird=0AG-UMPY=0AMono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP=0ABuild
 nearing completion=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://
forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=336719#336719=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A