Re: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI

Subject: Re: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:15:11
thanks Jim, I was a bit cryptic, (again) I spent a year faffing about tryin
g to =0Ahelp some guys with a Jab6 Europa. After telling them more than onc
e to talk to =0ATony Higgins they did and he fixed it for them. Instead of
a nice smooth elbow, =0Aa square box worked like a charm. What a difference
!=0ATony is so clever he never needed this forum! (He used to tune rally ca
rs)=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: "jim
puglise@comcast.net" <jimpuglise@comcast.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.c
om=0ASent: Monday, 11 April, 2011 15:13:07=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: JABI
RU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI=0A=0A=0AGus-=0A =0AGraham ma
kes a good point.  There is a section in the installation manual that =0Ata
lks about the induction system.  Many Jab users don't even use SCAT tubing
=0Abecause the rough sides create turbulence going into the carb.  I just r
eplaced =0Athe SCAT tubing between my airbox and the carb with rubber tubin
g.  If you want =0Ato do that, there is a NAPA part number (I think it is a
 radiator hose for an =0Aolder Ford truck) that you can make it from.  In a
ddition, Jab recommends that =0Ayou use a "cobra head" between the tube and
 the carb.  Also, are you able to =0Amonitor the CHT and EGT in each cylind
er?  That can be important since different =0Acylinders will cool at differ
ent rates.  If you have only one "hot" cylinder, =0Ayou can address just th
at one.  All I am saying is based on what I have picked =0Aup during my bui
ld.  I was about to start the engine last week and lost the EMS, =0Aso unti
l it gets back from Dynon I am dead in the water.  Also, your cooling =0Aou
tput needs to be at least 3X your air input area.   =0A =0AJim =0A----- Ori
ginal Message -----=0AFrom: "GRAHAM SINGLETON" <grahamsingleton@btinternet.
com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Monday, April 11, 2011 5:13:14
 AM=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURI
NG TAXI=0A=0A=0Alook at the induction system, you need straight flow into t
he single carb or =0Amixture will vary between the cylinders too much, a sm
ooth curve elbow doesn't =0Awork well.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A__________
______________________=0A From: Gustavo Sessarego <gsessare@hotmail.com>=0A
ect: RE: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI=0A
=0A thanks Pete, =0A =0AI have a uMONITOR and it works on Celcius.....!!=0A
 =0Athanks again=0AGUS=0A =0A________________________________=0A From: pjef
fers@talktalk.net=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASubjecPete, t: RE: Euro
pa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING =0ATAXI=0ADate: Sun,
ught.  If you bought the aircraft in the States your =0Atemperatures readou
ts would probably be set up inFarenheitunits rather than =0Acentigrade. Che
ck your units.=0A =0APete=0A =0A=0A________________________________=0A =0AF
rom:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com =0A[mailto:owner-europa-list-ser
ver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Gustavo Sessarego=0ASent: 10 April 2011 18:
03=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASubject: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAN
D NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI=0A =0AHi Everybody, =0A =0AI am Gustavo
---From ARGENTINA and I bought 1 year ago an Europa xs monowhell 99 % =0Acompl
ete with jabiru 3300 brand new and airmaster 3 balde cs brand new.=0A =0Ano
w is time to mout take the first test fly and I find out that during taxi
=0Aengine temperature is 150=B0 celcius at 1400 rpm so I richt the runway f
or take =0Aoff run at 190=B0 celcius so I must stop engine for proctection.
 =0A=0A =0AEngine Manual says 150=B0 maximun continues and 175=B0 maximun.
=0A =0Anote: outside temperature was only 20=B0 celcius=0A =0AAny advise...
..?=0A =0Aregards from Buenos Aires -Argentina=0A =0A =0Ahttp://www.matroni
cs.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com=0Ahttp://www.mat
ronics.com/contribution=0A =0A=0A________________________________=0A =0ANo