Europa-List: Airmaster VHF interference.

Subject: Europa-List: Airmaster VHF interference.
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:24:54

Hi Folks,
I have just replaced my original Airmaster prop controller (AC100) with the
upgraded
AC200 which uses the magnetic speed sensor and brush unit.
This appears to be causing interference to my VHF transmissions. The receiving
stations report distortion and breaking up, which is also apparent on the
sidetone.
I am led to believe it is the prop because the interference goes away if the
engine
is stopped or the sensor unit is disconnected. I substituted an ICOM receiver
for the original Bendix/King one, and it is better but not cured.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if you have, have you managed to sort
it?
All the Best, Paddy
Paddy Clarke
Europa G-KIMM