Re: Europa-List: Ignition switch wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ignition switch wiring
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:06:13

Remi,

That is very highly unlikely.  The whole purpose of the twisted pair is to
reduce
noise and interference.

Best regards,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Feb 7, 2011, at 4:00, Remi Guerner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Still investigating the kick back problem on my 912S, I have a question for
> electronic
engineers:
> The Rotax schematic shows two separate AWG18 shielded wires from the ignition
modules to the ignition switches. On my aircraft, I have a twisted pair of
wires,
probably smaller than AWG18,  inside a single braided shielding. Is it possible
that this configuration cause interference between the two circuits so
that when ignition A is active and ignition B is grounded, ignition B may
produce
some spark while I am cranking the engine?