Re: Europa-List: Main wing bushings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Main wing bushings
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:58:48
Thanks Bud,=0Anow why didn't I think of that!=0Aregards=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Tuesday, 18 January, 2011 2:39:04
=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Main wing bushings=0A=0A =0AWill, and others,
=0AThe play is because the black pins are undersized about .007 I think.
The main =0Apip pin is about .499 so only a tiny amount of play is availabl
e.=0ANormally, the oversized bushes allow what appears to be  excessive pla
y when the =0Awings are not rigged.  =0A=0A=0ANote:  There is a good reason
 for using the pip pin when doing spar  alignment, =0Aespecially on the gli
der wing retrofit.  Unfortunately we don't  have the luxury =0Aof setting o
ur own bushes with the short  wings.  If we follow the instructions =0Ablin
dly and use just the bolts,  you won't quite get perfect alignment.  So jus
t =0Aheat the pin and help the  bushes align.=0A =0APlease do not overheat
your existing wing pin and destroy the heat  treating.  =0AAt 6 Gs, you wou
ld not believe the shear load on that pin.=0A =0ASo don't rip everything ou
t just yet, try a bit of heat and patience.   It's =0Aworth it.=0A =0ARegar
ds,=0ABud Yerly