RE: Europa-List: Engine preheating

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Engine preheating
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:52:07
Kenlowe still make these in the UK (engine pre heaters), a bit pricey
though
at =A3300 or a German company Hot Frog also makes them ' advertised on
Ebay
for about =A390.

I fitted a Kenlowe heater on my car 20 yrs ago ' certainly very
effective in
the cold weather and claimed to halve engine wear (probably true). Pre
heats
the engine block to about 85 degrees C.