Re: Europa-List: Re: Main wing bushings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Main wing bushings
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:21:46
They are, they're aluminium alloy but hard anodized. That's why it's better
 not =0Ato ream them=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_______________________________
_=0AFrom: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics
.com=0ASent: Monday, 17 January, 2011 19:33:34=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List:
Re: Main wing bushings=0A=0A=0AMY perception is that the bushings are quite
 soft which seems strange to me=0AWill=0A =0AFrom:owner-europa-list-server@
matronics.com =0A[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf
Of GRAHAM SINGLETON=0ASent: 17 January, 2011 14:11=0ATo: europa-list@matron
ics.com=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Main wing bushings=0A =0AFirst, the
 (black bolt)pins are undersize, (pip pins are spot on and the bushes =0Apr
etty good)=0AThe tightness is cause by miss alignment of the bushes, both l
inear and angular. =0APoor jigging in the factory using the black bolts.
=0A=0AAvoid using a reamer to line them up, if they are bad warm up the red
ux and =0Aremove the miss aligned ones then rebond using better size pins f
or jigging.=0AJust do this with the two wings, forget the bushes in the sea
t back, they really =0Aare better with a loose fit because they increase lo
ads on the wings with G =0Aforces. THe glider wing is different isn't it, (
not seen one recently)=0AGraham=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0A
From:JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.co
m=0ASent: Monday, 17 January, 2011 18:51:28=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: Mai
heuropa@tiscali.co.uk>=0A=0AMine is exactly the same.  In fact, I remember
before doing the weight increase =0Amod I put one of the brand new bushes o
n the brand new spar pins and was =0Asurprised by how much it wobbled about
.  But when the spars are rigged together =0A(4 bushes in line) there's no
play whatsoever when the pin(s) are through them =0Aall.  I think it is nor
mal.=0A=0A--------=0AG-TERN=0AClassic Mono=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic on
line here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=327312#327312
=0A=0A=0Ahttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0A_ent also availab
le via the Web               -Matt Dralle, List Admin.=======