Europa-List: Need help with removal of landing gear frame

Subject: Europa-List: Need help with removal of landing gear frame
From: Luc Michaud <rambug@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:56:34
While my engine is unmounted for some work, I would like to tend to the
corrosion issues of my plane.

Among others, I would like to remove the landing gear frame to get it
sandblasted and powdercoated.  However, it's not only held in place by 8
bolts, but also by a green-ish cement, which I presume is a mixture of Redux
and flox.

Is there any trick to ease the removal of this frame ?  Any way to soften
the cement without damage the fuselage ?

Luc