Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 manifold pressure increase questions for the

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 manifold pressure increase questions for the
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:38:06

Hi Bud

"(granted, at these outside
temps the engine does not encounter thermal reset so I do not expect that
the computer is lowering my MP/power at low altitude and as temperature
drops in the climb, the throttle position calls for a higher MP be delivered
and the gate opens and MP increases). "

Just to be certain, the wastegate closes to increase MP.

Did you check that the wastegate and cable is very free and the cable is
adjusted
where it has the spring pushing the wastegate closed properly?

Does the wastegate servo seem to be functioning properly? No hee bee gee bees
more
than normal?

Perhaps if you have a spare servo you could try one if nothing else seems to
work.
I seem to remember on a old style high time 914 someone ended up finding a
bad servo. I can't remember if he disassembled the servo and cleaned up the
wipers
or replaced it.

Also check your plumbing, perhaps you have a wonky leak that somewhat changes
with
temp and pressures. Inlet and outlet to carbs first. Perhaps your MP gauge
is leaking and somewhat sealing at altitude? Can you fly with dongle and see
if you are really gaining MP when climbing?

Good luck
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: