Europa-List: Tri-Gear Conversion

Subject: Europa-List: Tri-Gear Conversion
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:37:45
Fellow Europaphiles:

As some of you know, I have converted my Monowheel to Tri-Gear and several folks
have wanted information on the conversion.

I have posted a new Album in my Gallery which covers this conversion.  The Album
is NOT a comprehensive step by step guide to the conversion.  There were many
places where I wanted pictures but was, quite literally, up to my elbows in
Epoxy, Araldite, FLOX, Fiberglass, Grease or heavens knows what all else and
could
not take pics.  Still, I think this pictorial work would be helpful when
combined with the Europa Builders Manual and other necessary documentation.  It
should also be helpful for those considering the conversion.

I still have great affection for the Europa Monowheel.  It is a beautiful
aircraft,
especially in flight.  And it is a delight to fly.  But not to takeoff and
land on hard surface runways with anything more than a light cross wind.  I
simply find it far too restrictive in takeoff/landing wind conditions to make
maximum utility of the aircraft as a cross country tourer in the U.S.A.

Especially my heartfelt thanks to Custom Flight Creations for their invaluable
assistance in the conversion process.  They come highly recommended in
professionalism,
experience, skill and workmanship.

The work is not complete at this time.  I still have a long list of work to
accomplish
before N914XL flies again.  That work will be documented in the conversion
album as it occurs over the next couple months.

Looking forward to flying into Sun 'n' Fun, Oshkosh & Rough River in 2011!!!

Best wishes to all,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.