Re: Europa-List: Next steps -

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Next steps -
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:26:13
Ian=0AI don't know much more but I did see it running once, the Warp Drive
blades =0Aflapped wildly at around 4000 rpm (I think) making an awful rattl
ing noise. =0AQuite scary at the time. Dave Sanderson was the engineer. Did
n't Duncan McFadyen =0Awork on it too?=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A__________
______________________=0AFrom: G-IANI <g-iani@ntlworld.com>=0ATo: europa-li
st@matronics.com=0ASent: Thursday, 23 September, 2010 10:34:57=0ASubject: R
E: Europa-List: Next steps - =0A=0A =0ACleve=0A =0AMy understanding is that
 the Europa work on the R1100 was stopped as they could =0Anot eliminate a
torsion vibration problem with the setup.  I speculate that an =0AR1200 ins
tallation would have the same problems. =0A=0A =0AIn May 1997 it was being
worked on.  This was the period when a man called Adam =0AKingdom became CE
O.  Things do not appear to have gone well and he left in =0Amid/late 1998.
  News letters in this period are very sketchy.=0A =0AOther almost certainl
y know more than I do =0A =0A =0AIan Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 300hours=0A