Re: Europa-List: Hose selection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hose selection
From: Kevin Challis <kevinmarie@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:13:58

Jeff

Silcon hoses

I got mine from a swedish europa owner. All shaped and the correct lengths. I
only
had to buy the small bore hoses for the carb heaters which are easy to buy.

I am very happy with the hoses.

Kevin Challis

On 21 Sep 2010, at 15:11, JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net> wrote:

> As I'm in the process of pulling my engine I have noticed some chaffing of the
larger coolant hoses behind the engine. Also the area on the hose directly
behind
the muffler appears to have surface fractures due to the muf heat. Yes it
was wrapped with heat shield.
> My question is what have others done when replacing these larger hoses. I have
seen the better silicon hoses from the auto supply houses but I'm not sure of
the 90 degree bends working with this type. Would they kink etc. I would be
curious to what others have done to replace these?