Re: Europa-List: Low voltage

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Low voltage
From: Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:29:45

Dave
The Odyssey battery is likely what kept you going, I would suspect the
regulator/rectifier.
Mine went out and it sounds very similar to what you experienced.
I also have the Odyssey it's like the energizer bunny! The battery would be the
relative cheap fix so maybe?
Jerry

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 20, 2010, at 11:50 AM, david miller <loboloda@execulink.com> wrote:

> Coming back to home base yesterday I noticed voltage was indicated at 11.5
> rather
than the usual 14.
> The ammeter was showing a slight discharge with the strobes on.
> Readings were not affected by engine RPM.
> I'd made a couple of stops along the way and had no trouble re-starting.
>
> I'm hoping that this is nothing more than an indication that my 6 year old
> Odyssey
battery has suffered a partial failure.