Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables
From: Europa <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:45:36

Jon

The cables are notoriously sticky and can give rise to difficulty with carb
balancing. Some have replaced with piano wire. On advice from Conrad Beal
(ConAir) we lubricated with ACF 50 and the cables run reasonably smoothly.
Don't rely on the carb springs to overcome much stickiness, they're not very
powerful.

Other useful advice from Conrad was make the throttle cable runs as smooth
an arc as possible, mirrored L & R and well secured so that the outer does
not move when actuating the throttle.

Regards

Paul
G-GIDY   (awaiting permit to test!!)