Europa-List: TIAS 2010 w Europa

Subject: Europa-List: TIAS 2010 w Europa
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:19:28
Hi

We had a nice airshow (Tampere International Airshow) 14-15th 2010 of
August here in Tampere EFTP.

Check

http://www.tampereairshow.fi/en/start

During that wonderful sunny weekend there were 30.000 visitors.

Most loved were Midnight Hawks (4x Bae Hawks with very tight formation
by Finnish Airforce) and F-16 Solo Team (by Royal Netherlands Airforce).
Of course Mustang was great as usually (unfortunately pilot Bertil
Gerhardt got killed in a crash in Norway just a week after the show) as
was Closter Gauntlet (only one in the world) and Fouga Magister with
DC3.

Our tent - The Europa hangar - is beside the main ground exhibition
area. Europa OH-XRT was pulled out and there was a sign which told My
Europa=B4s story. Me or some of my friend was always there trying to
give answers for thousands of questions people made during that show.

***

Some of you may remember: I got married just 10 years ago 15th of August
2000.
I had just finalized my rudder and tailplanes and got a wonderful wife
to help me to build the rest of the plane.
Rest is history: we got two daughters and a flying plane.

When the Airshow was almost finalized our 10th Wedding Days were
started!
That was a wonderful time...much of good friends and relatives, tasty
food and cool drinks and some show time also.

We got some "surprise visitors" like Finnish Airforce with around 30
pilots.
Their present was a VERY low by pass performed by a new Casa 295-M
transport plane and an invite to their base in EFKA.

Also RNLAF visited us - look at the attached pic and also

http://www.f16demoteam.nl/F16/image/news2010/fin2010-001.jpg

Those boys really liked our Samba Girls!

It was a magic way to have a family festival surrounded all that avion
theme.

Terveisin, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417 +180 hrs

37500 Lemp=E4=E4l=E4