RE: Europa-List: Re: Batteries and fuel systems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Batteries and fuel systems
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:20:44

Hi! Ron/Will/all
Re:- finger filters etc.
"just don't remind me !" Thanks for doing the tests and making my event just
more believable.  I didn't have any followers when I scrapped the finger
filters and since then a friend has produced "brass finger tubes" with many
deburred holes in them which I am successfully flying. (he was intent on my
preservation) Of course finger filters have in the past prevented many fuel
failures but I believe they are somewhat redundant with nylon tanks. The
best way is to use pre-filters when filling the tank, or another extreme is
to "shave the dog" as Neveille Eyre, ex-Europa factory fame suggested.
Also an annual inspection and mopping out hole in the tank top would help as
per mod of fitting fuel level sensors in the tank top.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG