RE: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS
From: David DeFord <deford.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:38:12

Hi Tony,

When Jack Acord bought this airplane, he hangared it at Livermore (KLVK),
except for the several months each year that he spent in Hawaii.  Terry
Seaver and I have been flying N135TD (monowheel XS, 912S, Airmaster, both
long and short wings) out of Livermore for the past 9 years and saw Jack's
airplane there often at first.  I haven't seen it recently, but the web site
you mention indicates that it is still here.  If you want to come to
Livermore to have a look at it, we would be happy to show you our airplane
for comparison to a stock XS and help you do an inspection.

If you are familiar with the baggage area in an XS, just imagine that the
bulkhead at the back of the cockpit is moved forward to eliminate the back
shelf in the baggage area, and you will have an idea of what the classic is
like.  I would not expect any major problems transporting a trigear on a
flat bed trailer, as long as it is well secured.

Dave DeFord
N135TD