Europa-List: Rotax 914

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 914
From: klaus dietrich <klaus.dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:07:09
Hi Mike,

although I have the standard 912 in my Europa Mono MkI (OE-CKD, Kit Nr
132) with over 1.000 completely trouble free hours in over 13 years of
operation, we have extensive experience with the 914 here in Austria.
We use the 914 a lot in the "Dimona" Motor glider which is also used for
towing gliders.

 From our experience I can tell you that the 914 is very reliable
provided you treat the engine correctly and maintain it correctly! We
mostly fly with MOGAS (Auto super 98 Oct), reduce the power as soon as
practical and have a good cool down period before shutting down; service
is very 50 hours with an oil & filter change! No unscheduled maintainance!

I wouldn't hesitate to go for the 914...if I would have the cash;-)

Please call, if you have any further questions! (+43 664 8103 825)
All the best,
Klaus